Monday, October 22, 2012

WDP: 10 Months

Dear Wren,
My sweet girl.  It's been a big month for you.  You turned double digits, in months, that is.  I think you are the perfect size.  I love holding you, though you love when I hold you even more!  You still let me carry you in the Ergo, though you much prefer to take part in the action.

You still do not crawl.  You still only go backwards in the walker.  You still cannot get from laying down to sitting up.  So what action am I writing about?  Girl, you cruise.  You know all you have to do is wine a little and we will sit you up.  From there, you pull up on the nearest thing and take off.  You move between pieces of furniture and are even trying to stand on your own.  I have seen you get on all fours and rock a little, but I am starting to get the feeling that you might skip crawling.

You clearly need fuel for all of this movement.  You will eat almost anything.  You will not eat baby food off of a spoon, only out of a pouch.  You will always go for whole food first though.  You eat cut up chicken, peaches, plumbs, grapes, steamed carrots, boiled potatoes, steamed celery.  Ground beef, Cheerios, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, and strawberries are also on your list.  Really, you'll try anything.  The other day I was feeding you bits of chicken out of my chicken salad (the mayo kind) and you grabbed the bowl and shoveled the rest in.  You smelled like onions all day!

You have started mimicking things that we do: you hold a phone to your ear and to ours, you took a tissue and pretended to blow your nose, you play peek-a-boo without prompting, and you are learning "SO BIG!" with arms in the air.  You clap and wave, at your discretion.  We also really think that you say Mama.

You seem to really enjoy toys with music, dance parties, swinging, and anytime Daddy and Nash are around.  We love watching you and Nash share, play, and laugh.  You seek him out in a room and he has made it one of his life goals to make you laugh.

Wrenny Wren, I simply cannot believe my baby is 10 months old.  We are so enjoying you.  We love having a little girl to love.

Love,
Mom


1 comment:

lilly's pad said...

I bought Dela that same outfit off of Zulily! Love me some baby chicks!