Wednesday, May 16, 2012

NAP: 27 Months

Dear Nash,
Terrible twos?  Really?  We think you are pretty awesome.  Daddy and I were just saying how much we love this age.  You are talking like crazy.  You are forming sentences, asking questions at relevant moments, and even cracking jokes.  You tell us all about looking for dinosaurs, butterflies, dragonflies, bees, and spiders.  Today when I was brushing Zeus, the shedding pug, you said, "What are you doing?"  And yesterday when you were playing trains with Daddy, you held a curved piece up to your mouth like a smile!  Where did that come from?!

Now, don't get me wrong, this age has it's challenges.  You constantly test the limits.  You demand TV constantly.  Also, if you aren't feeling well, watch out!  Literally.  I get beat up on regularly when you feel crummy.  But, a couple of rounds of time out usually cure this issue.

I bring up feeling crummy because you finally had tubes put in.  Daddy and I did really well about not getting too worked up.  I did cry when they took you from me.  You cried in the nurse's arms as she carried you away.  I prayed and waited anxiously for 10 whole minutes.  The the doctor came and told us that you did great.  You had fluid on your ears even though you hadn't had an infection in weeks.  We are guessing that you had fluid on your ears for 6 or more months.  About 10 minutes after that you were back in my arms, snuggling, and drinking apple juice.  By the time we got home, you were ready to eat and play.  Amazing.

You are also getting your 2-year molars.  As usual, you are having a hard time with this.  We are giving you pain meds at night and trying to distract you during the day.  I hope they come quickly.

You just started to play trains with Daddy and you love going outside with him.  You love Sissy (you wont let me call her Siggy anymore).  You are pretty attached to me right now, especially before bed. 

You have started eating more and will even try whatever vegetable we put in front of you.  Your favorite books are the Llama books and Kiss Goodnight from SueSue.  You love to facetime Midge, Luke, Davis, and Mimi and we Skyped Grammy and Grampy the other day.  Now, each time I open my computer, you say, "Talk to Grammy or Where Grammy?"

You love your people, that's for sure. And we love you. I especially love your hugs and snuggles. I am trying to soak them in, as I know one day you will think you are too big for my lap. But, if you read this, know that I will always find room.

Love,
Mom

No comments: