Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Pictures from Houston

Last weekend we were in Houston for Steph's baby shower, Christina and George's wedding, and some great time at my parent's house, where we swam, played with the nephews, hung out with the fam, and watched some serious driveway power washing. Below are the only pictures I took. Ok, you caught me, these pictures were actually taken when we arrived home on Sunday.
Above is the giantest (yes, i know that's not a word) energy drink I have ever seen. I took it next to a normal-sized cantaloupe. Even so, it's difficult to grasp its enormity. And yes, KP drank all but a couple of sips, and then took a nap.

Above is our bounty of vegetables from both of our parents' gardens. My Mom has green beans, cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, corn, and peppers growing. KP's parents have bushes and bushes of tomatoes. Who needs to chase squirrels and birds away for months when you can just get your parents to do it for you?
We're having the green beans and a cucumber and tomato salad as part of KP's birthday dinner tonight. Maybe I will be a good little photographer/blogger and take pictures. Maybe.

1 comment:

Eva said...

Yum! Fresh vegetables, lucky you. I can't believe KP took a nap that's crazy!