Thursday, August 6, 2009

1/3 of the Way Through

It's Official, our little Munchkin has been growing for 13 weeks and 4 days, which technically makes today at about noon, the end of my first trimester and the very beginning of my second trimester. Hip, Hip, Hooray.

This morning KP and I heard its little heartbeat, which was in the 150's. We haven't had an ultrasound since week 9 and won't have another one until week 18 or 20, when we find out what we're having. Of course I am finding out. I have things to plan and decorate and buy and name, for pete's sake.

Here are the chronological pics of our little Munchkin growing. (Don't knock my awesome Photoshop skills).


Week 6

Week 9
That's an arm. Don't be gross.

I feel like I have been lying on here for months, coming up with posts about cockroaches and my sliced thumb, all the while knowing that I have a creature growing inside of me that wants me to write (and eat Chinese food). When I say months, I mean months. I have known about this pregnancy since the day this little one was created. Because I was pregnant only 60 or so days before (with the miscarriage), the feeling of pregnancy was undeniable. In fact, I wrote about it here. Tests kept coming up negative, which is normal as I was just barely preggers. As time went on, tests, then ultrasounds confirmed its existence and growth.

To say I have been gun shy is an understatement. I'll spare you the details, but there was a week in there that the doctor also wasn't sure what would happen. But a follow-up ultrasound confirmed great things can happen. So, be prepared for posts about being so tired you can;t speak, how I believe all growing families should invest in companies that make toilet paper, and how amazingly easy it is to be 100% unreasonable.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulation to all thress of you!

Lisa said...

oops, three

Crystal said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see y'all in a few weeks!

stephaniezamora said...

yay, so excited for you guys! it is the most amazing thing on the planet.

Eva said...

WOOHOO! I'm just thrilled for you both!!