Wednesday, December 5, 2012

WDP: 11 Months

Wrenny,

Little girl, you are so beautiful and cuddly, and yummy.  Several times each day Daddy and I just squeeze on you.  It's a good thing you love it!

These days your number one priority is being with your family.  Cruising (walking while holding on to anything) comes in a close second. Eating is totally third.  You are specific about what you like: puffs, ham, yogurt, fruit, cheerios, and pouch vegetables. That's pretty much it.  Occasionally, we can get you to try what we are having for dinner, but you mostly just refuse to eat it. I am still nursing you several times a day and have not really begun the weaning process.  I just don't have the drive to stop and neither do you.  I know I will start giving you cow's milk soon, and that should help us both.

Developmentally, you say Mama and Dada.  Mostly Mama.  You sign more, all done, dog, and bye bye.  You turn off lights and give high fives.  You copy lots of things that we do like trying to build blocks, talk toys out and put them back in, and fins things when we hide them.

You absolutely love your brother and light up when you see him.  You also really love the pugs.

Your sleeping is not so great.  A couple of months ago you started waking up at 4 am to eat.  You haven't stopped.  I feed you and then let you sleep in my bed.  Needless to say, I am tired.  But, your crying is so incredibly sad.  You full on bawl and I can't stand it.  Soon enough I will be tired enough to handle it though.

You have been crawling some, though you much prefer to cruise or be taken places.  Crawling is for the birds, oh wait.

Your birthday is in two weeks.  I simply cannot believe one year ago I was preparing for my little girl's birth. Today, you are a bright-eyed, little round-faced baby.  I had no idea what wonder you would bring into our lives.

I love you,
Mom

1 comment:

Jamie said...

This is so sweet! I have so many of the same thoughts for Eleanor. I can't believe our little girls are almost 1. Remember how big and preg we were this time last year? Wow; and here they are with personalities and everything. Happy upcoming birthday little Wren.