Saturday, October 24, 2009

24 Weeks: An Ear of Corn

Technically, today is 24 weeks, 6 days. It's been a very busy week. Thankfully, my little ear of corn is growing right along. He's about a foot long and over a pound. The bulletin said that he gained 4 oz last week. That's 1/4 of a pound! So, why did I gain 2 pounds??? Probably because I can't stop eating sweets. Rad loves sweets. He loves them for breakfast, after lunch, and especially after dinner. In fact, I am thinking about making a milkshake right now. Yummmm.

In the past week, I had a great visit from my college friend Darby. It's been at least 2 years since I have seen her and we didn't miss a beat. I sure wish I could have participated in the Sunday Funday she and KP shared though!

I also went to Houston for Eva's 30th bday dinner and got to see some of the BDC. While there, I got to spend some good time with my Mom and my nephews, with a little bit of time squeezed in for Dad, older sis, brother-in-law, and little sis.

I came home with a carload of things for Rad, many packaged in a boot box hand colored by my very creative and helpful nephews. I now am in possession of a breast pump, "the mobile that is best for development," toys, some clothes (3 more boxes will be here in a couple of weeks), and some accessories that I don't even know how to use.

KP has been working for his sculpture professor, which he's loving. Plus, I picked up a new client and got their house on the market in less than 12 hours, with Jane's help of course; Mac had to be rushed to the doggie ER because he decided to eat a bee; and we did enough yard work to hopefully last the winter...of until the leaves fall.

I am sharing all of this as my excuse of why I am updating at the 11th hour! Oh, and no picture. I am currently wearing sweats, a tight tie-died t-shirt, and a towel on my head. +16 lbs. Catch y'all next week...

Name Update: I will be giving y'all a present on my birthday...THE NAME. Don't fret...it's only two weeks away.

1 comment:

stephaniezamora said...

So what happened with Mac? What did the ER do about the swallowed bee? Could they save the bee? JK!
Yay for sweat pants! James still has to beg me to wear something else.