Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Hard Hats, Please.

We are in full on moving, redecorating, renovating, and organizing mode in this here green house. To prepare for Rad's arrival, we had to empty the guest room, combine the office with a guest room, clean out all of the closets (remember this), and hey, we're throwing in a minor bathroom remodel before my birthday. I simply cannot handle the yellow shell sink in the hall bath for one more day. The shells in our bathroom will have to wait until I sell another house!

Have I ever told the story of the sleeping platforms in my office? It's riveting, I promise. Today, I'll keep it to the facts: Every time our home is full of guests, KP and I take the crummiest sleeping situation. We figure we have the best backs (this was pre-pregnancy, of course) and that our guests will appreciate this. So, over the four years that we have lived here, we have had a hand-me-down pull-out-couch from my peeps (lovely bar in the middle of the back), a futon that I paid WAY too much to have shipped from California that folded out to the width between a single and double bed, and finally the most comfortable queen bed-height air mattress. I was convinced, for years, that a bed would not fit in that room. You know what? I was wrong. There you go Internet, I admitted it. I was wrong. That's all you are getting. Wonder what happened to all of that lovely furniture? I gave the couch away, sold the futon on Craig's List and shoved it in the back of some woman's Subaru, and kept the air mattress. It's comfortable.

Remember what the office looked like before? Well, here's the new combo guest room/office:



This last picture is to prove that not everything can be perfect. The filing cabinet had to go somewhere, but it now is the base for a TV, which I know my sisters will appreciate, if they come stay. I think Mimi will like it too when she comes to help with Baby Rad. We've added a few additional touches, like art and a reading lamp, but this is pretty much it.