Thursday, May 14, 2009

All in a Day's Work

We still have lots to do, like buy a bed for the office, but all in due.
Here's the progress from today. Look below for "before" pics.


Happy husband. He hearts Ikea.

The new bookcase. I still need a few more boxes for sorting. Sure wish I'd had the energy to paint the file cabinet.


My new desk set up. Plus one furry, four-legged friend. He has become my shadow. The other two want me to bring a dog bed into the room so that they can be more comfortable. And yes, that's a wine glass on my coaster. How do you think I did this all in one day? Vino, baby.

This is the view as you walk into the room. Less than spectacular, I know. We are going to get this daybed. This will be our third bed thing in this room in almost as many years. This bed pulls out to make a king. I know a couple of people with this bed, so i feel pretty comfortable that it will be okay. If not, there's always Craig's List. The plan is to cover it in brown, white, and orange linens and tons of pillows so that when guests are not here it looks like a sofa of sorts. Just need to sell a few more houses until it reaches the top of the must have list.
I'll hide cords and hang pictures tomorrow, maybe.

As a side, what ever happened to Lisa Lisa and the Cult Jam? That was some good stuff. Enjoy:


4 comments:

Jamie said...

Amy! The room looks fantastic. I need to overhaul our office too. Right now it serves as Lu's bathroom - blech! You and Kevin are inspiring me!

Crystal said...

I have that book shelf too! Only it has a desk attached to it. Have fun dusting :)

stephaniezamora said...

wow, you and KP put me and Huni to shame. That room looks awesome. You deserve 2 glasses of wine and a cupcake!

adp said...

swiffer duster, crustal. i love it.