Thursday, May 14, 2009

We don't Spring Clean, We Spring Overhaul

If you don't remember my office before, you aren't missing a thing. It was a hodge podge of junk from past lives. A bookcase that KP made, which while great, just doesn't fit in this house. KP's craft table from when he was a child was my desk, and will continue to be. We also had an array of different sofa/bed contraptions in there over the past four years. All were so uncomfortable that I either gave them away or sold them on Craig's List (that one was 2 months old!).


Oh, and what color was it before you ask? Well, two walls were the avocado color that's on the walls of our foyer and living room and two walls were flat white. We ran out of green paint 4 years ago and never went to get more! And while we are on the topic of flat paint, let me just say my finger tips are cringing as I type. There are few things in the world that feel worse to my flanges than flat paint and chalk. In fact, I ruled out teaching as a career based on my inability to hold chalk.


Last night we had to move everything from the office to other parts of the house to finally lay flooring today. While we had big plans for laminate or even tile, I could not get KP to commit to an install date, so carpet it is! Honestly, I could not care less. I am just so excited to have a floor!


So, here are some pictures of all of our carp all over our house and an empty office, with one coat of tan paint on the walls. The carpet installer is in there now. My goal is to have the walls painted by the end of the day, carpet installed, and possibly...just maybe build the huge bookcase we picked up at Ikea earlier this week. I need KP's help with that one though...have you ever tried to put Ikea furniture together?


Dining room, with my desk (aka KP's childhood craft table) hiding our actual dining table. Boxes and boxes of newly organized art supplies, photos, and stationary on our dining table. I seem to have a stationary and note card addiction that I have recently become aware of. The door belongs to the office as well.

The closet in the office, which has become my makeshift printer/fax/wireless internet hub.

The office, no floor (as it has been for 4 years), with one sloppy coat of tan paint.
I know you can't wait for what's to come!

2 comments:

stephaniezamora said...

I think those are called IT closets...
I am sure the office is going to look awesome when you all are through.

Byman said...

I think your note card addiction is in our genes. I have it too. And stickers and pens. I can't even go into an office supply store. Or that whole side of Target.