Friday, October 9, 2009

Week 22: Spaghetti Squash

Spaghetti squash? My thighs are starting to look like spaghetti squash. My newsletter also says that Rad is about 1 pound now, which is awesome. Develop and grow, little dude. His eyes have also formed, but lack pigment, which is kind of creepy, but we can still hold out for a color other than brown, though it's unlikely (only 25% chance).


Speaking of genetics, a while back KP and I were talking about traits that we'd like Rad to inherit from one or the other of us. I said my nose, because it's perfect, and KP said his earlobes. He said he hopes Rad has the detached kind like KP has and not the attached ones like I have. I had to look in a freaking mirror to realize that our earlobes are different. Wow, hope he's not paying attention to my spaghetti squash thighs, but I guess there's little chance of that!


Things are pretty much just moving along. We're painting the nursery this weekend, the vintage dresser that we're going to use as a changing table will come after that. The crib's together, but lacks bedding or a mattress, so it looks more like a baby cage than anything else right now. I'll put up pics of the room transformation, in its early stages, hopefully next week.

Here's me, with my one-pounder, though I have now gained 12 pounds.

2 comments:

stephaniezamora said...

ha ha ha. You are awesome :)

Audra said...

Looking more and more beautiful with every post.

BTW sister I have the BEST nose and hopefully Rad will get mine! Nice try though.