Wednesday, September 30, 2009

21 Weeks: Carrot

Well, the length of a carrot anyway. The dude's about 10 1/2 inches long and about 3/4 of a pound (12 oz). We have taken to calling him Rad. Don't worry, that won't actually be his name, but since we (KP) can still not settle on a name, Rad or Munchkin or the Dude or the Kid work just fine.

Not much has changed since last week. I can feel him kicking from the outside, but KP isn't patient enough to wait around for a kick. Once he starts moving more, KP will get to feel Rad more. I feel HUGE, which is not good. I know that I am going to get even bigger. As a severe type-A personality, this is hard to swallow. I have never had a great grip on my weight, but now it's totally out of my control. I know Rad needs it, but it sort of creeps me out. I am pretty much hot all of the time and cannot wait until the cooler weather is here to stay.

I registered at Babies R Us and BuyBuy Baby (a Bed Bath & Beyond baby store). That was actually pretty fun. I still have a few things left to add to the list. I LOVE the giraffe pac n' play and car seat that BuyBuy baby has, in case you are wondering what my favorite gear is.

We have not started on Rad's room. We do have his crib, dresser/changing table, and some odds and ends, but I am waiting on swatches of the custom bedding we ordered before we paint. Hopefully that will come soon. I fear that I am going to be too huge to move around after too long.

Rad also received his first big gift this past week. Midge, Sue Sue, and their dudes got this for him. I am so excited!




And here's gigantic me.

2 comments:

stephaniezamora said...

1st. you do NOT look huge...but I know looking and feeling are two different things.

2nd. I LOVE the nick name Rad and think you should keep it as his nick name even after he is born, no matter what you decided to name him. Though Rad is pretty cool, even for a real name.

3rd. That giraffe is sooooo cute!

Byman said...

I just showed Matt your pic. He was wondering if you were showing yet. He said you are not huge! Then I said, there is the giraffe we got her. He said, why did we get her a giraffe? Sigh...Ummm because she is pregnant and going to have my newphew in a few months. For whatever reason he thought we bought it just for you. Maybe to make you feel tall?