Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Large Heirloom Tomato: Week 19 (and Names Part 1)

I LOVE heirloom tomatoes. I also LOVE week 19. I have started to really feel Munchkin this week and it thrills me. I thought it would feel so different. People kept telling me to wait for flutters, but it feels more like he is grazing his little heirloom body across me. I think it helped me to see him and how he flips himself around over and over and over to be able to visualize the feelings that I am having.

As far as how I am feeling...my allergies are through the roof. I am sniffling and sneezing and yes, a little burst of pee comes out every now and then. I was talking with a client on the phone yesterday and he asked if I had a cold or allergies. You can hear my misery? I have always been a horrible allergy sufferer and about three years ago was diagnosed with asthma from allergies. I quit taking all of that medication in January, to prepare for pregnancy. I can take Claritin, which has become my friend. Note to Austin Moms, purchase stock in Claritin as well as toilet paper.

We have settled on a crib, dresser, maybe some bedding, but definitely not a name. Would you like to know the front runners? Please remember, your vote does not count and you may comment on a name that we end up giving our child. No pressure.

Archer - From The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton. No, I haven't read the book yet, but I will if we name him this. Also, Archer was my great-grandmother's maiden name (Fact check, Older Sis?) and is an awesome typeface.

Silas - I'll come clean, we like this name from Weeds. There is also a literary reference with this one from Silas Marner by George Eliot.

Nash - Goes with the one-syllable theme we have going with our other (four-legged) children. We found this name in the Musicians section of a names book. I will openly admit that I am musically non-inclined, but my guess is that this comes from Crosby, Stills & Nash. Anyway, we just like it.

Other contenders include Pike, Keats, Rhett, Rhen, and a few others.

In other news, two of our favorite people found out this week that they have a healthy, growing, 7-week old baby developing. They have waited for this little blessing for four years. We are thrilled, A&P, that we will be partners in parenthood as well as friendship. Congratulations!

And for the sake of my growing belly, here's a pic. I think it's time to start slathering on the moisturizer. Oh, still +7 pounds.

1 comment:

stephaniezamora said...

Yay, belly pics!!!

lovin the names :)