Monday, September 21, 2009

A Banana: 20 Weeks

A banana? Who picks these analogies? Technically, our baby is the length of a banana and weighs about 10 oz.

Last night, after devouring Baby Bargains, the only baby-related book that I have read from cover to cover, I decided to take in a couple of passed weeks worth of pregnancy information. I quickly regretted that decision. The book I read said that my baby is going to grow 15 times his current size before I deliver him.

15 times.

I cannot grow 15 times the size I am right now. I simply will never move again. Plus if he is 15 time his current size, I am going to have a nearly 10 lb baby. People, I do not want to birth a 10 lb baby (sorry Steph). Now, i do not want to birth a 5 lb baby either, but somewhere around the 7lb mark would be nice.

I have said that I wouldn't complain because I am so thankful for this baby and his and my own health. I am worried that I cannot continue to do this. I am taking a mini-break from working for a few days, so hopefully I will get some rest, put my sleep back into a pattern, and find a cure for heartburn. A girl can dream.

Regarding sleep, I have always been a side-sleeper. At week 16, the evil books say that you can no longer sleep on your back. Something about cutting off blood flow to the baby. But now, that's all I want to do...sleep on my back! It might be time to kick the pugs out of the bed.

The banana boy is moving and kicking and hungry! He loves PB&J sandwiches at about 11pm. Add peanut butter, soft wheat bread, and strawberry preserves to the list of items to take stock in. Oh, and I mentioned good toilet paper too, right?

Here's a 20 week (HALF WAY) belly pic. +9.5 pounds, which is right on track with the 8-14 I should have gained by this week.


4 comments:

Audra said...

You look AMAZING!

stephaniezamora said...

I never slept on my back before I was pregnant but while I was I would wake up on my back almost every night and freak out.

Oh and keep flushable wet whips in the toilet room. Charmin's are the best.

I will pray that your lil dude is in the 7 to 7.5 pound range, for birthing reasons of course.

Eva said...

You really do look amazing!

Jamie said...

You are glowing!