Thursday, November 12, 2009

27 Weeks: Cauliflower

Nash weighs as much as a head of cauliflower, which is about 2 lbs, by the way. He's also about 14 1/4 inches long. We have been feeling him move like crazy over the past couple of days. I am not sure if it's a side effect of the Benedryll and Sudafed I am on to nip this cold in the bud or if it's hiccups, which the bulletin says should have started in the last week or so. The movements are intense...I can see kicks through several layers of clothes and covers. Plus, we can feel him just wiggling around in there. He's turning more and more into his Daddy's baby with all of this activity. Midge (Older Sis), please remember to look for the baby Hannibal straight jacket...this boy's going to need it!


Aside from the cold mentioned above, I feel pretty good. I am kind of achy, but I think that has to do with the cold. I also am having some trouble with my seasonal asthma from allergies and am going back on medication. The bigger he gets, the more squished my lungs are going to be, and breathing is kind of important.


KP has been very sick, and at home for the past three days. He's been all stuffed up, including his ears. I am so glad he's feeling better today, as I do not think I could listen to the blaring TV for another day. Plus, he watched educational shows, like on the Discovery and History channels. There's only so much of that a girl can take.


I did get a pregnancy massage yesterday, thanks to some birthday dinero from my folks, and it was wonderful! Plus, work's been a little slow this week, giving me some time to rest. Nice.

Here are some pics from the last few days:


These 5 boxes are full of clothes from Midge and Matt...we're going to have to come up with a kid-friendly name for him. There is so much! Seriously, everything I am going to buy is going to be because I want to, not because I need to. I am so thankful! Don't worry youngest sisters, we'll keep it all in the best shape possible for the next rounds of kids.

Oh, and when I finally get Nash's bedding, I'll take pics of the nursery, where you can see all of the toys and books and gear that the Byman clan donated to our little one. Lots of fun stuff!

Here's Gus, with a pair of baby socks. He just wanted to rub his scent on some things for Nash.


Here's Zeus, the Moose, just looking cute. Check out his folded over tongue. Love it. I guess Mac wasn't doing anything cute, because I didn't take a pic of him!


And here's me and Nash at 27 weeks, +19 lbs. I did not dress up for y'all today.
And as Luke Fisher would say, "Peace and chicken grease."

2 comments:

Marsha said...

This is my favorite belly pic so far. You look adorable! :)

Byman said...

Thanks for the shout out reminder to me. I need that! I like this belly pic too.