Thursday, November 19, 2009

28 Weeks: Chinese Cabbage

Little Nash weighs as much as a Chinese Cabbage, which is about 2 1/4 lbs. He's also about 14 3/4 in long. I can feel him moving all the time. When he decides to change positions, my entire body moves. He pretty much stays in one place, low on my right side.

A strange little anecdote: I felt this lump on my stomach a few times and decided to ask the doc about it yesterday. I was worried something was growing on my skin, or just beneath it, that might affect Nash and/or me. She felt around, asked where he normally kicks, and then told me that the "lump" I am feeling is the baby's knee or elbow. WHAT!? I had no idea that he's so close to the surface. Weird. So, last night I rubbed the lump and it kicked (or hit) back!

In other pregnancy news, I think that there's an end in sight...not to this pregnancy, but for my bellybutton. I was beginning to think that my bellybutton went all the way to China. Evidently, it does not. A few more weeks and it will completely pop (right now it just sticks out, but the end is not showing). That's weird too.

28 weeks, +21 lbs.

These, my friends, are swollen ankles. I HAD to wear socks the other day and they dug into my legs. I went out and bought new socks. Who knew you had to buy "maternity socks?"

Mac, being super-cute.

KP sleeping with Zeus and Gus.

4 comments:

stephaniezamora said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
that is all.

Kori said...

Your kid is already a quarter tall as me!!!

Stevens said...

You wear pregnancy well!

Eva said...

How funny! (about his elbow/foot)