Friday, November 6, 2009

Week 26: English Hothouse Cucumber

These veggies are a stretch...length maybe, but this boy is by no means as skinny as a cucumber. According to the bulletin, Rad weighs about 1 2/3 pounds and is about 14 inches long.

In other news: THE THIRD TRIMESTER HAS BEGUN. Yipee! I remember, not that it was all that long ago, but my memory's not quite what it used to be, the fear I had getting through the first trimester of this pregnancy. I worried daily about whether or not Rad would survive and grow and thrive. The second trimester was totally different. I felt more secure, started planning for our future as a family, and felt the first signs (kicks) of my child's life.

I am torn about my upcoming feelings of the third trimester. First and foremost, I am excited to meet Rad. I am excited about our showers, the holidays, and turning 30 (tomorrow!). I am nervous about giving birth, getting much bigger, breastfeeding, and sleeping.

Seriously, the sleeping thing really worries me. I love to sleep. And I worry that Rad will be like his Daddy, who does not share the same affection for true rest. So, just let KP take care of him, I hear you say...unfortunately KP doesn't produce baby food. I hear that I will be so tired that I will want to vomit. I hear that my brain will not work and that I will simply go into auto-pilot for baby- and self-preservation. I hear I will survive.

Well, I am off to savor and say goodbye to the last day of my 20's. Have a great one!

Me and Rad at 26 weeks, +17 lbs.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

You and Rad look gorgeous!

Audra said...

Beautiful. Its like your smile grew! Cant wait to meet him.

stephaniezamora said...

Happppy 30th. tomorrow.

Crystal said...

You look beautiful! Happy early 30th. I know the party will be a blast. Sorry I won't be there to celebrate.

Eva said...

You look great! Can't wait for tonight!! Happy Birthday!!!!!!!