Friday, December 5, 2008

Crickets and Elephants when I really Wanted Giraffes


So, this is the new 'do. It's a darker version of what I awoke to this morning, and it's sleeker, shinier, and oh-so-much more manageable. It does smell a little like a bon fire, but according to my fabu stylist, that's just a technicality caused by the near dozen products now clinging to my follicles.

I have always been a lover of the hair do. I distinctly remember (as does everyone in my family) the best hair cut of my life. I was in college and it was spunky, flirty, colorful, and fun. But damn was it a chore to fix. If I sported that 'do now, I'd be 10 years behind the times and might not have anyone take me seriously. But, that night at Landry's in Keemah, I thought older sis was so jealous of my wild wig that she could just kill me. Wait, maybe it was because of how many times I said, "I have the best hair cut EVER." Yeah, that's probably it. She doesn't really do jealousy.

This elephant-sized economic downturn has had me in the dumps. This morning I committed to having just one more day of pity and then I would have to move on. So what if I had a week from the trenches of debt, boredom, weight gain, and family concerns. Five full days of self-pity-indulgence is enough. But then something happened.


I walked into my salon, plopped myself in the chair and told my stylist to have her way with me. No dirty thoughts, please. The result is above. My summer-looking golden locks were transformed into a rich wintery brown with honey tones. My wild and frizzy mane was managed into a sleek bob. I am a new woman.

So, I'll have to explain the crickets, elephants, and giraffes later. I need to find some plans for the evening and get to showing this hair off.

2 comments:

stephaniezamora said...

AH, Love the hair!

Byman said...

Welcome to blog world- were you ever going to tell us about it?? And yes,I love your haircut.