Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ok, fine.

I'll post again. Wait, no one's asked where I've been. But, you sure are visiting my blog. Thanks.

Frankly, I have been in self-induced exile from the world, virtually and tangibly. I started venturing out last weekend, but only after my entire uterus threatened to fall out of my body on Friday night. Too graphic? That sentence does not hold a candle to the pain and fear that reverberated this not-so-tiny body on a perfectly pleasant Friday evening. I'll spare the gory details, but I will tell you that I feel much better.

Saturday KP and I enjoyed a little road trip to celebrate our three years of togetherness. First we went to have massages, then to Coopers Barbecue in Llano, TX, then to a few wineries, and finally to hang out with friends. While I wish I still had a reason to be on the wagon, I don't, so back on the bottle I am!

Every year for our anniversary, we buy a plant. We've been doing this for years, even before we were married, but yes, already living in sin. Our first purchase was a Japanese Maple in 2001. It lived in a pot for years, four to be more precise, and when we moved into our current abode, we planted our little love tree. One of our favorite things about it is its feathery leaves that turn a deep purple in the summer. One of the other things we love about it is that it elicits some interesting remarks...it sort of looks like we are growing a pot plant in the front bed. We aren't, for the record.

As we left the house Saturday morning for our trek out to the Hill Country, KP mentioned that he would like to get a plant that day. He also mentioned that he would like to bring a shovel along, just in case. I am coming all sorts of clean in this post...for the record again, we have only taken a plant out of the ground on property other than our own one time. This plant was a spawn of its momma plant, which is still thriving and has many other spawns growing off of it to this day. I do secretly want to give another of those spawns a home in my yard, but we have not been bitten by the plant robbing bug lately. Back to this past weekend. I thankfully shepherded KP to the car sans shovel. Once outside the city limits, I mentioned that we might find a nursery along the way. My husband seemed content with this idea. Then, just before we reached Spicewood, TX, I started seeing little red signs for "weird plants" and "unique gifts". We somehow contained our excitement until our return trip. Oh boy were we glad we stopped! This year, we have not one, but five anniversary plants. I will probably only record the most hearty appearing as the anniversary plant, but we are so excited to have found such interesting cacti and succulents.

If you would like to visit this super fly nursery, check out Spicewood Spines. If you would also like to stop at the wineries, give us a holler and we'll go too! Pictures to come as soon as I, I mean KP, plants them. He made a very cool planter today that will probably become the home to a few.

I am heading to Dallas this weekend to meet up with college gals. D&S, you will be missed, but we will laugh and drink for you. What was that we used to take shots of? Spiced rum? Um, I'll skip that and opt for a glass of vino or two.

Oh, want to know how my Wednesday was? Very good, thank you. I met my Dad in San Antonio for a little food show action (eating lots of bad food) and that was pretty much it. I thought I wouldn't test my luck too much, but seeing my Dad always makes for a great day.

2 comments:

stephaniezamora said...

so cool! I want a garden but everything green I touch dies. Every. Time.
and yes, you were missed. Those last 400 views were me.

Eva said...

I love succulents! I seem to get along with them pretty well. And bromeliads. People can tell how many times others look at their page? Can you tell who it is too? I'd hate to be found out as an internet stalker....
Just kidding! I stopped internet stalking years ago. Wait, maybe I should keep that to myself...
Glad to hear you're doing well. You (via your blog) were missed