Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Three

I have been wondering what to write about. It's not that life has been boring; in fact it's the opposite. But, life has not been fun. We've been going through some tough times 'round here and I didn't know how to get on this blog and act like everything's peachy. I made some decisions today. First, I am going to share my experiences on this blog. I am not going to do this today because I have something happier to write about today. But, I am going to share or over share, as you might see it, because sharing helps me and might just help someone else. Second, I am going to honor my anniversary today.

KP and I made some serious promises to each other three years ago today. In fact, right about now I was probably getting dressed in my parent's hotel room, having a glass of champagne with our sisters, losing my lip gloss, and telling my Dad that yes, I am actually going to do this.

I am a crier. In fact, I have a couple of little tears in my eyes right now. But, I did not cry walking down that aisle to be joined to my husband. I was not nervous, as I used to get in front of audiences. I looked each one of our guests in the eye, smiled, and made my way toward the best decision of my life. I did not have nerves or jitters simply because I knew there was no mistake to be made that day.

With the wind wildly blowing, random Germans in speedos in the background, and loving eyes looking our way, we agreed to the good times and the bad, forever and ever.

As I alluded to, and will write about soon, we are now being tested. Today, as I slipped my wedding band on, after five days of only wearing pajamas, the significance and weight of our commitment gave me strength and comfort. My husband's love, care, and concern for me are enduring. Plus, he puts up with a lot of crabbiness, put kindly, before he corrects me. Today, I appreciate this commitment and and the man who asked me to marry him. Happy third wedding anniversary, KP.





How are we going to celebrate you ask? A nice dinner at home tonight, massages on Saturday, plus a day trip to the hill country with a couple of stops at wineries. His gift...a bag of powdered doughnuts. Yep, that's the kind of wife I am.

5 comments:

stephaniezamora said...

Happy Anniversary you two!!!!!

Crystal said...

Happy Anniversary! The weekend sounds wonderful.

Jamie said...

Happy Happy! I am a sucker for a love story.

Audra said...

Happy Anniversary. I must say that I truly admire and respect your passion, love and spirit. I love you more than life itself, obviously. I wish and dream to one day find what you have. Love you both. Wish that had come out in your toast! :)

Eva said...

Happy anniversary!! I remember that trip vividly! Especially how happy you were the entire time. I remember thinking I 'd never seen you so calm and just plain HAPPY! You were both grinning from ear to ear for days. Love conquers all