Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mimi Head

My Mom is in town and has been helping us in this transitional time. She goes to the grocery store, cooks, cleans, does laundry, changes the baby, takes the 2-6am shift, and provides tons of emotional and new parent support. She also provides lots of entertainment.

Needless to say, we're a little sleep deprived. So, we've been taking naps when KP is home and can be on baby duty. Each time my Mom comes back down the hall from her naps, she reports back on her dreams. So far, they have included not being able to get ready for a funeral, seeing Brad Pitt at Los Tios, being less than courteous to an old friend about "seasonal" weight loss, and purchasing a beach house large enough to hold a wedding reception for $58,000 in Galveston.

I am already freaking out a little bit about Mimi leaving at some point, as she has just been so wonderful, but we'll keep on enjoying her for now.

Oh, and Davis, my 21 month-old nephew, calls my Mom Mimi Head when he is joking.

2 comments:

stephaniezamora said...

aren't moms the greatest? I wouldn't have made it without mine. It is scary but you will be fine when she is gone.

Eva said...

I wish I could see all the video's! Mu parent's computer is SOOOOO SLOOOOOOOOOW I type and letters catch up with me. The pictures are super cute though. I can't wait to meet him and see you!