Thursday, February 4, 2010

Nothing but Pregnant (and maybe a little Sick)

As a woman, I am inherently a multi-tasker. Wait, wait, I was a multi-tasker. Right now, I am nothing but pregnant, and maybe a little sick.

I'll admit, I can still get laundry going, start the dishwasher, and make my bed at nearly the same time, but beyond domestic chores, I am pretty much worthless. Plus, I am sick. Like really sick. I have a cold, which I chalked up to allergies for so long that I may have made it worse. My throat hurts, there is snot somewhere that I cannot get to, and now I am coughing.

I know what you're thinking...it's just a cold. Sure, maybe, but what the heck am I going to do when I pop a newborn out and I am sneezing and coughing on him? Plus, I cannot imagine feeling this crappy while going through labor.

I am headed to my GP this morning. I am envisioning a miracle cure! (They save it for people as pitiful as me.)

I am also envisioning a cure to another problem in the Pac house. KP's side burn problem. Last week, KP got his usual $40, well-trimmed haircut. He then came home to shave his face, as we were concerned that I might be admitted to the hospital after our last appointment. We both wanted to make sure that Daddy's kisses will be soft on our soon-to-be-born baby boy.

Our good intentions were for naught. KP had to use trimmers first to get the majority of the hair off and that's were the problem comes in. With one slip of the wrist, his nice side burn went from trim to a 1990's sculpted basketballer's side burn.


Will it grow back before Nash is born? If not, expect KP to be on my left side in pictures!

My 39 week update will come after my OB appt tomorrow morning. Wish me luck with my miracle cure this morning.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Good luck with your appointment. I hope they do have a miracle cure for you, and that you feel 100% better for when Nash comes.
Oh my goodness. Only Kevin could manage something like that. I'm cracking up!