Friday, January 29, 2010

38 Weeks: A Leek

Nash is supposed to be 6.8 lbs and 19 1/2 inches long. He's dropped some and I believe this dude weighs more than the 6.8 lbs that the bulletin gives him credit for.

We went to the doc this morning, which is why this update is so late. My blood pressure is great. I am dilated at a 2. The doc said she doesn't think that the baby is very big, but I am not quite sure I believe her. She also said she thinks we're in for at least one more week.

THE WAITING GAME CONTINUES.

I do have to say, I woke up last Sunday choosing to be okay with waiting. My 37th week was tough. With concerns about my blood pressure and Nash's safety, I became Little Miss Grumpy and wore her well. The problem was that I started to hate being pregnant. I hated being huge. I hated night time pees. I hated waiting. I hated that damn orange bucket. And most of all, I hated the unknown.

But, I remembered that I am lucky. I have had a very smooth pregnancy and have enjoyed most of it. Plus, my job ebbs and flows and if there's a time to need to be off of your feet, this month meshes well with that recommendation.

So, waiting happily for our baby to arrive, I am. Ask me again in a week though and it may be a different story. If I pass my due date, I am thinking that February 9, 2010 sounds like a good day. Anyone?

Here are today's pics. Same adjective applies: HUGE.


Here's a true side view on a sold color wall. 38 weeks, 6 days. + 40 lbs! Yep, got a new 'do. I can't stand that in-between phase.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought we were shooting for the 31st?

Crystal said...

Cute hair!! February 5th is my vote. You look great!!

adp said...

Well, I'd love the 31st of January or the 5th of Feb, but if I go past the 7th, I think I get to choose a date.

stephaniezamora said...

doesn't every day feel like a week?