Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Two Tears in a Bucket

Or lots of pee, but that doesn't make a great post title.

I went to the doc’s office for my weekly check up. My blood pressure is back up (140/90) to where it was 2 weeks ago. They did a stress test on Nash and he’s doing just fine. His heart rate fluctuated from the 150’s to the low 180’s, with lots of movement.

They took my blood and sent me home with a 24-hour urine collection kit. Oh, the joy!

I woke this morning to KP bringing my collection materials into our room. After getting a "freebie" on the first pee of the day, I started peeing into a plastic container that sits on the toilet. I then pour the contents into the huge orange container. The worst part? I have to refrigerate the orange bottle! Can you imagine what my middle of the night potty breaks are going to be like? Shuffle into the kitchen to get the bottle out of the fridge, pee into container, pour contents into larger container, wash hands, shuffle back to kitchen to redeposit large container in fridge, then try to go back to sleep? I pee at least three times a night!

I drop the orange container off tomorrow and go back to the doc's office on Friday to have my blood pressure rechecked. My next OB appointment is Monday.

If the protein levels in my urine are high, which we will know on Monday, we will deliver next week. There is a low chance of this. More than likely, we’ll just keep monitoring it all and take it by the half-week. I am still just barely dilated.

Midge suggested that if I get to choose a date for delivery, that the 17th would be good, as that is Archibald, her dog's, birthday. I can't think of a better date.

Think of me today friends, as each of you pees freely into the toilet.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Yum, pee in the fridge.
I hope everything's ok...
Thanks for keeping us posted. Y'all will be in our prayers.

stephaniezamora said...

wow... wow