Friday, January 8, 2010

35 Weeks: Honeydew Mellon

The dude is about 5.25 lbs and 18 inches long. I think I weighed in the 5 lb range when I was born and Nash has 4+ weeks to go. I can promise you that he's going to be big. I am feeling quite huge, not to mention, my weight gain has spiked. I hope to keep it under 50lbs at this point, seriously. Weight comes on like water in a sinking ship.

Speaking of water, I can't get enough. I drink what I think equates to gallons of water daily. Do you know what that means for my nights? Yep, you guessed it, lots of peeing. I get up every two hours, almost like clockwork, to use the restroom. And, after each potty break from my supposed-to-be good night's sleep, I down another half of a glass of water. I am thirsty!

I am going to reveal something here, but don't worry friends, I won't call you out. In college, it was not unheard of to have a little "accident" in one's bed after a night of drinking. But, it never happened to me. Seriously. In fact, I had a bet with the gals that I wouldn't do it before I graduated. I didn't, but instead of paying up, they went double or nothing on grad school. I tried to explain that their chances of winning were going down as I got older, but no one listened. Anyway, I won the bet. But, my fears of breaking this winning streak were almost realized the other night. I dreamed about peeing, and almost just did, right there in my bed. Luckily my brain kicked in and forced me to realize what was about to happen. Whew, streak still going on strong.

Other than that, not much is happening. Still not sleeping well. Feet are swelling. Weight is continuing to come on. I am dilated at a 1. And Nash is cooking right along.

My camera is screwy and makes faces look like casper. I need to buy a new one before Nash arrives. Ahhh! Something else to do.

Hampton, my SWT friend Meredith's daughter, and Mere came for a quick visit this week. Hampton is such a joy of a child. I think she and KP formed a lasting friendship, as they both laughed and laughed for hours. Thanks for the visit gals!

Here's me, 35 weeks (+5days) and + 37 lbs! Oops. It's a little late to backtrack on that.

And I guess you're wondering what we did for New Year's, since you wonder about the happenings in our life all the time, I am sure. We had a couple of couples over for dinner, played games, and then rang in the new year. Everyone left by about 12:15. I guess an 8+ month preggers host makes a lousy New Year's buddy! Above are Jenn and James.

Christine and David.

Me and KP. Sometime I will post pics of our 2000 New Year's. What a difference a decade makes. This was our official 10th New Year's together. Good times.

4 comments:

mandy said...

amy- you look beautiful!!! i have loved reading your posts in recent days. you will be an amazing momma- just hold on and be ready for the adventure of a lifetime!

Byman said...

you look really good in your prego pic. keep on cooking. Can't wait to meet the little dude.

adp said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eva said...

I think you look great in your preggo pic too. Wow, 10 years at 30, that's good.