Thursday, January 14, 2010

36 Weeks: Crenshaw Mellon

, which happens to weigh about 6lbs and Nash should be about 18 1/2 inches long.

In case you were wondering, the jug of pee that I returned to the doctor's office this morning weighed more than that. I pee a lot! (And yes, we weighed it. Who wouldn't?)

With all of this hoopla surrounding my blood pressure, I have started to get pretty nervous. Nash is a full term baby on Sunday, but now I want him to stay in and plump up. Wait, do I really want that? Yes, my brain can overpower my emotions. I know the longer he's in, the better for him. Luckily, he should be good and developed if they do have to deliver next week.

Yesterday, it occurred to me (probably again, but I have no memory), that regardless of the test results, something very big is going to be passing through something very small very soon. In the kitchen last night, KP came to the realization that "we're going to be parents." Nothing like that happening in the ninth month of pregnancy. It occurred to me that, "we're going to be bringing home a 2-day-old baby." Oh my gosh. I don't think I have much experience with two-day-old babies, especially when they're relying on ME for food. Yikes.

I went nutso yesterday and dipped all of the precious hand-me-down toys in bleach water. I put batteries into everything that needs them, even toys intended for much later use. I peeked at a few onsies, because they are so darn cute. I organized our bathroom cabinets. I tested out bathtubs in our kitchen sink, because we have 2, bathtubs, that is. I think that's it. Who knows what today will bring?

Oh wait, I do. A nap. I am exhausted after peeing into that jug all night. I promise, I got up 5 times to use the restroom last night. That's many more than usual. I guess I wanted to be the prize student and submit as much as they needed to test. How very unlike me.

Me, Nashers, and Mac's hiney, at 36 weeks + 4 days. +35 lbs. Seems I lost a couple this week.

1 comment:

stephaniezamora said...

Go you! I never got that nesting thingy, I wish I had though.