Monday, January 18, 2010

Music to my Ears or Beauty to my Eyes, really

I won't start my 37th week post today because I have to ensure that you will come back and read later in the week. I did receive my 37th week bulletin yesterday and the first sentence states, "Your baby is full term!" According to the bulletin, this means that if Nash had to arrive now, he'd be just fine. Maybe a little puny, which I doubt, but that his lungs and major organs should be functioning as well now as they will at 40 or 41 weeks, when I am more likely to go into natural labor.

I have not been a Nervous Nelly about all of this, but knowing that my guy is in a good spot feels really good.

Writing of Nervous Nellys, I had a dream the other night that the baby turned out to be a girl! My girl name was Penelope (or Nelly for short). I sure hope that ultrasound tech was not wrong. If she was, who's going to volunteer to come paint the nursery, help me find girl clothes, and change my gender paradigm?

I go this afternoon to find out about my blood pressure/protein test. I have a strong feeling that all is fine and that we're in this for the long haul. But, I have been dreaming that I will be induced. Not sure if that will be this week or at 41 weeks, but I sort of have a feeling that might be the case.

Either way, I am getting a little anxious. I want to know what's going to happen when and how. I don't do well with the unknown. But, I still cannot rule the universe, so wait I will.

Here's another reason to get a little nervous. My friend Jean is a pregnant Mama. She gave me a bag of "essentials" yesterday. Her thoughtfulness is awesome, yet makes me a little timid about what's going to be going on "down there." She also said to ask for Vicodan.

Happy Monday, all.

1 comment:

stephaniezamora said...

your friend is awesome. that stuff should be given at showers.