Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Favorite Sight and Nash Update

Daddy and baby. They spend the mornings and late evenings cuddled just like this.

We love how Nash puts his little hand under his chin when he sleeps on us.

We took Nash to the Pedi yesterday for his 2 week check up. He is above his birth weight and now at 7lbs, 10oz, which is 25th percentile. He's grown an inch to 20 3/4 inches (25th to 50th percentile) and his head circumference is 37.25 cm, up 2 cm (50th percentile). He's a growing boy!



He still eats all the time! I have been on antibiotics, which seem to really bother his stomach. In fact, it bothers him so much that no one is sleeping around here and we're spending most of the night soothing our baby who is wrenching his body around. I have decided to stop taking the antibiotics (a major no-no, I know), but we can't live like this and I just don't feel comfortable supplementing with formula. Frankly, I don't want to. We're going to see how today goes and see if my doctor calls me back and reprimands me (I left her a vm this morning with my intent to quit the antibiotics!).

When not suffering from an upset stomach, Nash (NAP) is an absolute delight. He moves so much that we have had to retire one swaddle blanket that he's able to "roll" over in and may have to retire the sleep positioner, as he kicks off of the top, leaving his head hanging off. Yep, he's got his Daddy's ants in the pants syndrome.


He sleeps like a champ during the day, everywhere but his bassinet. Nights are not great right now, but hopefully will get better with a better stomach. Nash focuses on toys, especially his little giraffe from Kori, and his mobile. He also likes the light and one of KP's sculptures.


Today when I woke up, KP had NAP on the changing pad. When I asked what they were doing there, KP said that that was the only place NAP was happy. So, we all hung out playing there for a while. Whatever works!


Oh, and thank you all for spoiling us rotten with help, food, and gifts. We are so lucky to have such wonderful friends and family. I took a picture of one of the cutest things before I dismantled it for practical purposes. Thanks O'Loughlin family for the diaper cake!


2 comments:

Jamie said...

LOVE the baby/daddy pic!

stephaniezamora said...

what is it about seeing the hub cuddled with the baby? It melts me every time!