Thursday, April 30, 2009

New Me: Week 6 - Ok, I will commit, for reals

I lost 1 pound this week. So, that takes me back to where I was at week 4. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Sitting stagnant at minus 5 pounds.


Honestly, I am surprised that I lost anything at all. I give all the credit to the hour long jog I took on Tuesday. That made Wednesday's weigh-in bearable. At the bachelorette this weekend, I ate like total carp, then ate late-night pizza both nights, and topped it all off with Mexican food on Sunday.


Yesterday at the gym, sis-in-law talked to me throughout my entire 45 minute cardio workout, which is one of the nicest things anyone can do for a friend. While I was on the cybex arc trainer, one of my favorite machines at Lifetime, she asked what it would take for me to commit to the food part of this "new me." I said that I am not good at holding myself accountable. Then, as my very tired mind raced while trying to fall asleep at 8 o'clock last night, I remembered! I wrote that I would wear a bikini on this site in a month! Holy Mackerel...what was I thinking?!


After freaking out for a period of time, I decided that I am still game, though I am going to switch it up some. If one month from now (June 2nd), I have lost an additional 7 pounds (bringing total weight loss to 12 lbs), I will not have to wear the suit on the Web until July 2nd. If I do not lose an additional 7 pounds, on the blog June 2nd it is.


There are many reasons why I think this is fair, the least of which is that when I decided to set this goal for myself, I had no idea I was going to go on doctor's orders not to exercise for two months. So there. Fair and square.


I know y'all are dying to see me in a bikini, but your retinas will thank you for the extra month later on. Now that I am terrified, I am feeling rededicated to my weight loss and sticking with the jogging. Tomorrow is a full hour of jog/walk. Looking forward to it.


UPDATE TO AN EARLIER POST:

I should have gone and gotten a stitch or two on my thumb (Amy #1). It is officially disgusting and painful. I think it's been almost a month since I sliced it on the mandolin and three weeks since I opened it back up with a confetti egg. It looks like chewed up gum, which you know I love. In fact, it is so nasty that Crystal asked me if she could get staph from it. No, I don't have staph, I clean and dress this gaping slit on my hand several times a day, but that is how nasty it looks. Effing Pampered Chef.

1 comment:

stephaniezamora said...

that trainer thing looks serious, kinky. JK

uhm, maybe you should see a doc about that thumb? infections suck

meiss-eeww