Sunday, December 13, 2009

Baby Shower Numero Dos

Last Weekend, Midge (Older Sis) and SueSue (Lil Sis) hosted a baby shower for KP, Nash, and I in Manvel. Weather casters predicted that it was going to snow in the ATX on Friday, so I hopped in the car on Thursday and headed over to Houston. Boy were those weather casters wrong! The ATX got very little snow, none that stuck, but Houston got the most I think I have ever seen there.

I stayed with Midge, Matt, and the boys. Midge was home sick from work and I still had my cold, so Mimi (my Mom) ran all of our errands (and got medicine and neti pots for her sick girls), while we tried to entertain two very excited little boys.




I worried that we would need to call the shower off on Saturday because of the snow. People in Texas cannot drive in inclement weather and it makes for a dangerous trek anywhere. But, the sun came out Saturday morning and the shower was on.

It was so great to see all of the ladies and girls that were able to make it. Our old neighbors from Whitehaven; our Aunts; some Midnight Margaritas; Mimi's dear friends; Midge's sisters-in-law; Midge's neices; and my sisters, Mom, and cousin were all in attendance. It was a beautiful shower, with the most heavenly truffles. I hear SueSue had quite an experience picking them up from a house in Bellaire that had a butler! Thanks sisters for a great shower!

The spread.

The aforementioned truffles. Delish!

Baby Nash's name was even on the goodies. So cute.

Some of the ladies.

More guests.

Having a drink (non-alcoholic for me, of course) and a laugh.

Midge's sisters-in-law.

We received awesome gifts, including the changing pad, bottles, tons of much-needed burp rags, a piggy bank, clothes, bibs, some of our favorite books, blankets, the soothing giraffe, sleep positioner, handmade pillows and booties, and an exersaucer.

Thank you so much everyone for spoiling us rotten! It was so nice to get to spend time with everyone before Nash arrives. Hopefully I'll get to make the rounds with him when he's a few months old as well.

No comments: