Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Big Reveal

I have been waiting on one thing or another for months. In the past week, our bedding came in, I finally organized Nash's closet, and I pulled together some shower gifts to make Nash's room look more cozy. While I am still waiting on a few things (pics of Mimi and Buddy, some accessories, a valence for the window made from the bed skirt material, and the glider we are going to borrow from the Bymans), Nash's room is now habitable.

Honestly, I love it! I have had such a blast decorating this room and trying to create a warm, fun space for our son.

So, here are pics:
The view into the room from the hall.

We found this vintage TV stand at a consignment shop. We had the paint matched to our fabrics and added new drawer pulls. This will be his changing table and dresser. We're also having a valence made from the same material as the bed skirt.

Here's a close-up of the bedding. I absolutely love it! RockyTop Designs on Etsy made this for us. Everything is so nicely tailored. All of the pillows (other than the white with leaves, which was made by RockyTop) were hand-made by Midnight Margarita Auntie Sharon.

Another view of the crib, and the swing. The glider will go where the swing is and the swing will make its way into the living room, I am sure. Also, Neck, the giraffe named by Davis, is in the corner to watch over our little Nash.

The closet. It is so easy to become obsessive compulsive about where everything goes. This nesting instinct is very strong. You should see the inside of the dresser. Everything is organized by season and size and has been washed, folded, and put away in its place.

Bookcase with toy storage. Our book collection is growing. Thanks to Luke and Davis, we have lots of toys already.

That's it. I am sure it won;t ever be in this much order again, but for now, I will just keep tinkering until it is perfect...or until Nash arrives and we're too busy to deal with decorating!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Just perfect! Great job.

stephaniezamora said...

I love it! It iiissss perfect.