Friday, December 18, 2009

Week 32: A Large Jicama

I am not sure I know what a jicama looks like in its raw state. Wait, just googled it. Got it.

Nash currently weighs about 3.75 lbs. and is about 16.7 inches long. You know these are averages and we're short, so he's probably a little shorter. As far as weight goes, he's either right on target or a little bigger, because, well, ummm, I am a little bigger these days!

I went to the doctor earlier this week, and I had gained 6 lbs in 2 weeks! I am not getting this weight gain on my home scale, but that's not good at all. If you wonder how this possibly could have happened, see the post below and above this one. That's how. And it was worth it.

I hate to complain because this baby is all I have wanted for a long time. I am happy to go through the stresses and strains of pregnancy in order to get to hold and love Nash. I have to tell you though, this is not all roses. As of late, my back hurts like hell. My feet hurt, my ankles are starting to swell, and Old Man Tired has returned. He showed back up about a week ago. At first I didn't recognize this feeling. I told KP that I felt hungover, minus the booze. But then there was no denying it last Friday morning when I slept until 10am and then needed a nap at 2pm.

Also, we finished Lamaze classes this week. I am not sure that I want to deliver this baby. I mean, I really want him to be on this side of the womb, but getting him here is not something I am interested in. Why did they stop knocking women out totally? Not many medical practices from the 1950's are still in place, but I do wonder why they stopped that one. Can you imagine?

Doc: Ok, Amy, can you count backwards from 10 for me please?
Me: 10, 9, 8, sev (trails off)
A couple of hours later:
Doc: Good morning. Would you like to meet your baby?
Me: Oh, yes. I am a little groggy, but I sure would like to see that baby that I have no memory of delivering. Ahh, sweet baby. Thank you for causing me such little pain.

Okay, I get it. I want to be part of the birth process (or the majority of the birth process), but really, why does it have to hurt so much?

Me and the pugs, cuddling while we still can. When I nap, this is how we all fit on the couch: Mac on the pillow behind mine, Gus cuddled up to the belly, and Zeus (always with a dog toy aka a "baby") in my knee pits.

Me and Nash at 32 weeks (+6 days). I wore all non maternity clothes today (yoga pants and a sweatshirt), which explains why my clothes look stretched to the max. According to my scale this morning, I am +27 lbs. According to my dr, I was +30 on Wednesday. Either way, Christmas is next week and I will be + more than 30 by then!

1 comment:

stephaniezamora said...

I love how I can hear your voice when I read your blog. Muah!