Thursday, December 10, 2009

Week 31: Four Navel Oranges

Four Navel Oranges. Huh. Try carrying around four navel oranges and supposedly that will be like carrying Nash, as he is now, at about 3.3 lbs. around for a little while. He's also more than 16 inches long.

Now, if you wanted to get an idea of what it feels like to carry around Nash, all of the fluid he needs to grow in, the 50% extra blood my body has produced, the extra water I am retaining, and the fat I have gained, you'll need to carry around 31 navel oranges. Yes, I did the math.

Nash has been moving like crazy. I guess there's still room in there. My back is starting to ache a little bit earlier in the day and I am starting to feel the pregnancy/cold hangover again. I am not requiring an afternoon nap again yet, but I am a bit sleepy in the afternoons.

We're still taking Lamaze classes and have signed up for a breastfeeding class. I hear KP is really going to enjoy that one! He actually is into (parts of) the Lamaze class. Hopefully I will be a nice wife and accept his guidance and help while delivering. The epidural should help that too. We also met the pediatrician this week. She said everyone who cares for the baby needs to have an H1N1 vaccine, so my Mom went out and got one lickedy split. I am still looking for one for KP. His mom and I already got them.

Below is a pic of me today at 31 weeks, 4 days. I have had multiple people (none who have birthed children) tell me that I look ready to pop. After taking inventory at the Meet the Pediatrician event the other night, I can assure y'all that women get much larger and swollen right before they are ready to deliver. I am 8 months pregnant, so yes, I have a belly, but ready to pop, I am not. This boy needs to put some meat on his bones, which translates into about 10 more navel oranges for me.

31 weeks, +26 pounds. Don't judge me.

1 comment:

Kori said...

This is the prettiest pic yet!